The IEU invites early career teachers (1-3 years out) to join us for a unique opportunity to:
- network with like-minded peers from NSW and the ACT
- share your experience as an early career teacher in 2022
- unpack current or emerging professional issues
- learn about your rights at work
- hear about NESA accreditation processes
- meet your organiser and the union team in the IEU’s Sydney headquarters
- discover the services offered by NGS Super, Teachers Mutual Bank and Teachers Health
- enjoy a special dinner on Friday evening
- stay overnight in Sydney (accommodation provided).
All participants will be invited to join the IEU Council meeting on Saturday 18 March (Council is the union’s decision-making body, bringing together about 100 delegates). We’ll ask five participants to form a panel, take the floor and share with Council what matters most to early career teachers.
If you’d like to participate, please email email@example.com by Friday 17 February 2023.