Look after your leave

Congratulations if you secured a new teaching or leadership position this year.

If you moved to a different school but maintain the same employer eg Sydney Catholic Schools or the Catholic Diocese of Parramatta, then you can assume that the balance of your accrued long service leave and personal/carer’s leave remains intact and continuous.

If your new workplace is in a different diocese or if you moved between a Catholic independent and a systemic employer you may be able to move your leave with you. It is not an automatic process, it involves some administration and form filling.

It needs to be done within 14 days of commencing employment with a new participating Catholic employer. Speak to the business manager or HR manager at your new school and call your IEU organiser (8202 8900) if you need further clarification.