Moving from interstate?

Just moved from interstate? Your accreditation from across the border might be recognised in NSW or ACT.

If you’re in NSW, get in contact with NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA), formerly BOSTES, to ask about mutual recognition. If you had full registration in another state of Australia and haven’t let it expire, NESA should recognise it if you apply with 60 days of first teaching in NSW. See

If you’re in ACT, contact the Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) to find out if your experience in either Australia or New Zealand will count for full registration.

Amy Cotton
Professional Officer