NESA needs English, Maths, EAL/Ds for Years 3-6 and Years 7-10
NESA is seeking up to five teachers to write the Years 3-6 and Years 7-10 English and Mathematics syllabuses and/or support material for these syllabuses.
It is also seeking EAL/D (English as another language or dialect) teachers to assist with the English syllabus writing.
If you’d like to take up this opportunity, please submit an expression of interest to Tania Yardley – firstname.lastname@example.org – by close of business on Friday 19 February.
Syllabus writing will take place in an intensive two-week block in the first half of 2021, conducted online (probably through Microsoft Teams) during term time. Teachers will receive their normal pay from the school – NESA will pay the school for casual release.
English and Mathematics teachers will need to satisfy the following criteria:
- current experience in teaching Years 3-6 or Years 7-10 English or Mathematics
- expertise in English or Mathematics pedagogical and content knowledge
- knowledge of the evidence to inform the development of effective curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment
- comprehensive knowledge of the K–6 or 7–10 English or Mathematics syllabuses
- proven excellent written communication skills.
The initial work of the writers will be to develop English and Mathematics learning continuums. Further syllabus development and support material writing will continue throughout 2021.
The IEU can only recommend a handful of writers to NESA. We will notify the members we recommend as well as inform those who are unsuccessful. NESA will then send a survey to the recommended writers to confirm their interest and seek more information about their experience and expertise. A panel at NESA will then select the writers.
Teachers who are selected to be syllabus writers will be guided by subject matter experts and the Curriculum Reform Leads.