Negotiations for a new Goodstart Agreement began early November and are expected to finish soon. Three unions are involved in the negotiations – AEU (for Victorian Teachers), UV and the IEU. The AEU and IEU have both made claims for significant increases in teachers’ salaries.
While there have been no definite agreement on wage outcomes, preliminary discussions have confirmed that Goodstart believes that they need to recognise the value of teachers by offering differential salary outcomes to staff depending on the qualifications and position.
The following will be included in a new agreement:
• Ceremonial Leave
• Volunteer leave (to be taken from personal leave allocation)
• Leave purchase arrangements
• Provisions for the cashing out of annual leave
• Domestic violence leave
• Training for union delegates
• Protection of current conditions
• Financial recognition for those employees appointed as Educational Leader
• Confirmation that annual leave loading will be paid on termination, and
• Acknowledge of the need to for employees to be given sufficient time for planning and preparation.